Monday 21 March 2011

Day 1 of the Write One Story A Day challenge

Well, it's Monday! I have just listened to the New Yorker podcast with Daniel Alarcon reading a short story by Roberto Bolano called Gomez Palacio. I loved it and I plan to find his other stories and novels and read them. So that's part one of my challenge done for the day. Although I will probably end up reading a few more today. And as for part two, well, I was already reminded this morning - thanks Steve Galbraith! - to write a story today, so I wrote a flash. I'll leave it to rest for a few hours so that I can re-read it and edit it with fresh eyes tonight.
I've been feeling slightly nervous at the challenge I've set myself. What if one day I'm not well? What if my mind is blank? What if the kids have one activity after another and I don't get a chance to write? What if... The one thing I know about myself is that I am very competitive. In a good way. So if anyone wants to take up the challenge with me, I will be very happy. Any takers? Come on Steve, I know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment